Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do you want the application "printer agent" to accept incoming network connections? - Always shows up on restart.

Been through multiple MacBooks and MacBook pros and multiple OS. And I always get the message: "Do you want the application "printer agent" to accept incoming network connections?" on startup.

Currently running macOS Monterey 12.0.1 on new 2021 14" MacBook Pro.

Been through all the Google results (finding and deleting hidden files, launchagents, plist files, etc.). Originally had HP printer (more than 5 years ago) and I've deleted ALL Hp files (including hidden) and don't have any printers set up on my current system. Yet, upon restart or startup, that message ALWAYS shows up, regardless of whether I press accept or deny.

Google search shows this problem dating back to early 2000's but none of those solutions seem to work.

Any suggestions? Solutions?

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 5:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 7:13 AM

jihong wrote:

Been through multiple MacBooks and MacBook pros and multiple OS. And I always get the message: "Do you want the application "printer agent" to accept incoming network connections?" on startup.

Been through all the Google results (finding and deleting hidden files, launchagents, plist files, etc.). Originally had HP printer (more than 5 years ago) and I've deleted ALL Hp files (including hidden) and don't have any printers set up on my current system. Yet, upon restart or startup, that message ALWAYS shows up, regardless of whether I press accept or deny.

Google search shows this problem dating back to early 2000's but none of those solutions seem to work.

Well unfortunately you do not say what you tried...So a game of whack-O-mole

I would checked the >System Preferences>Security&Privacy>Firewall>Firewall Options make a change here

click on Printer Sharing : Allow incoming connections

or

>System Preferences>Sharing

Share your printer on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2021 7:13 AM in response to jihong

jihong wrote:

Well unfortunately you do not say what you tried...So a game of whack-O-mole

I would checked the >System Preferences>Security&Privacy>Firewall>Firewall Options make a change here

click on Printer Sharing : Allow incoming connections

or

>System Preferences>Sharing

Share your printer on Mac - Apple Support

Do you want the application "printer agent" to accept incoming network connections? - Always shows up on restart.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.