Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone message

Received an error message that my Apple ID and phone number are now being used for iMessage and FaceTime on a new iPhone. What should I do?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 10:05 PM

8 replies

Nov 6, 2021 10:21 PM in response to 58jpc

58jpc Said:

"iPhone message: Received an error message that my Apple ID and phone number are now being used for iMessage and FaceTime on a new iPhone. What should I do?"

-------

Two Things...

A. What Type of Message?

What this an SMS (Text) message? If so, it is a scam, and no mon is logging in. Apple won't send you such a message via SMS texting. So, report it: Using the Photos App to Report Scams: - Apple Support

B. Modifying your Credentials:

Being suspicious of a scam, most certainly consider modifying your credentials, immediately. If they can disable items, then modify your credentials, starting with a new password.

Nov 6, 2021 10:43 PM in response to 58jpc

58jpc Said:

"iPhone message: I had shut off my iPhone and when I turned it back on I received a pop up message on my iPad that my Apple ID and phone number were being used for iMessage and face time on a new iPhone."

-------

Thank you for the update.

Having read that, I strongly recommend that you perform the following...

Modifying your Credentials:

Being suspicious of a scam, most certainly consider modifying your credentials, immediately. If they can disable items, then modify your credentials, starting with a new password.

Nov 6, 2021 10:15 PM in response to 58jpc

Did you recently sign out of your Apple ID or the Messages app or the FaceTime app? Do you have another iPhone that uses the same Apple ID as the iPhone that received that notification? Do you see a strange device when under Settings ➔ Messages ➔ Text Message Forwarding ?

If any one of the answers to the above questions is a YES then that is the reason you got that notification once the device was signed back on to the Apple ID.

If all of the answers to the questions above is a NO, then change the password to your Apple ID by opening Settings ➔ Apple ID (Your Name at Top) ➔ Password & Security ➔ Change Password. This action will protect you if your Apple ID and Password were comprised.

Axel F.

iPhone message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.