Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleCare+ outside of region

the back of my iphone is broken last month. I bought it in HK and the care+ still valid till end of Jan next year. However the problem is that i resident in Europe now. While checking online Apple support in Austria, they appoint me to offline store and saying that they could find a solution. I made appointment and went there only finding out that they wasn't able to take care of Apple products purchased in HK. I called HK supports, they are asking me to return to Hongkong or mail it back to someone in HongKong to take care of it at my own cost...it will be very costy and risky for me.

Since i will be in Europe for a long while, I have started to worry about all my apple devices and considering canceling all care+ and get refunds. is it possible?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 12:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 8:24 AM

You can cancel Applecare, yes. You have to remember that devices may be different made and sold in different countries to comply with local laws. So, someone in Europe may not have the correct parts to fix a device from Asia. It depends on many things and we are all other users here, so we are not privy to all of Apple's policies.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2021 8:24 AM in response to Hope_H888

You can cancel Applecare, yes. You have to remember that devices may be different made and sold in different countries to comply with local laws. So, someone in Europe may not have the correct parts to fix a device from Asia. It depends on many things and we are all other users here, so we are not privy to all of Apple's policies.

AppleCare+ outside of region

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.