Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I updated to 15.1 and now my ipad pro won't connect to the internet

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 3:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 3:58 AM

The “no internet connection” warning usually indicates that your device does not have a routable IP Address - this usually being assigned by DHCP.

If you have a VPN App or profiles installed, or a security App such as Norton, these may be interfering with DHCP and preventing your device from obtaining a valid IP Address for your iPhone hotspot - or the WiFi network to which you are attempting to connect. The resolution is usually simple; if installed, you may only need to temporarily disable or remove the Security App and/or VPN.

DHCP is frequently used to automatically obtain an IP Address. Until your iPad has a valid IP Address to connect to your network, you will not have an internet connection. Disabling or removing VPN and/or the offending security App should allow DHCP to operate normally - allowing connection to your network and the internet.

If this resolves your issue, the VPN and/or security App can be reinstated after the connectivity problem has been resolved.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2021 3:58 AM in response to Trooperboss

The “no internet connection” warning usually indicates that your device does not have a routable IP Address - this usually being assigned by DHCP.

If you have a VPN App or profiles installed, or a security App such as Norton, these may be interfering with DHCP and preventing your device from obtaining a valid IP Address for your iPhone hotspot - or the WiFi network to which you are attempting to connect. The resolution is usually simple; if installed, you may only need to temporarily disable or remove the Security App and/or VPN.

DHCP is frequently used to automatically obtain an IP Address. Until your iPad has a valid IP Address to connect to your network, you will not have an internet connection. Disabling or removing VPN and/or the offending security App should allow DHCP to operate normally - allowing connection to your network and the internet.

If this resolves your issue, the VPN and/or security App can be reinstated after the connectivity problem has been resolved.

Dec 11, 2021 8:33 AM in response to _abc

same here. 5th gen iPad, did the stupid 15.1 update and now I can connect to wifi, but not to the internet. To top it off it almost seems as if the update has confused the iPad as it no longer seems to know who it is i.e. doesn't see my Apple ID. Was on the phone for 1 1/2 hours already with Apple, got cut off and never heard back from them. Trying again today.

First response....connect to the net and redo the download..... my reply...I CAN'T GET TO THE NET.... LISTEN TO MY ISSUE!

Feel like Apple has done this on purpose to wipe out a bunch of iPads and force us to buy new ones....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.