Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirDrop from Mac to iPhone SE opens WhatsApp

Since uploading 14.2 on iPhone SE, every time I try to airdrop an mp3 file from my Mac to the iPhone, WhatsApp opens immediately in the iPhone.

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 11:05 AM

i found the workaround. it turns out if you don't have a media player installed on your phone (i got VLC and it remedied this) it will only offer to open it in whatsapp, files is gone! once i installed VLC on my phone (I'm sure you can get any media player I'm not endorsing) and airdropped my audiobook i was offered to open it in WhatsApp, VLC and Files became an option again! Don't know why WhatsApp have manage to take over incoming audio drops (haven't tried video), but for files to disappear as an option unless you get another app is crazy. needs fixing apple !

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2021 11:05 AM in response to bmarley90

i found the workaround. it turns out if you don't have a media player installed on your phone (i got VLC and it remedied this) it will only offer to open it in whatsapp, files is gone! once i installed VLC on my phone (I'm sure you can get any media player I'm not endorsing) and airdropped my audiobook i was offered to open it in WhatsApp, VLC and Files became an option again! Don't know why WhatsApp have manage to take over incoming audio drops (haven't tried video), but for files to disappear as an option unless you get another app is crazy. needs fixing apple !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.