Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't drag MP3 files to iTunes

Hey guys

I have a problem with iTunes not letting me drag my MP3 files and it just shows the + icon but it doesn't show up in my library. It's weird because it worked a few months back and I tried it again and it didn't work. I have tried doing the Automatically add to iTunes folder but to no avail. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you! I'm using the newest software of iTunes (12.12.2) and trying to import the .mp3 file to my iPhone 11, as well if that helps.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 7:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 2:08 PM

Hello yumfinite,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you’re unable to drag and drop music to iTunes. We’re happy to help.

What is the exact error message you receive? Where are you importing the MP3 from i.e. your computer, website, app, etc.? Do you have security software installed in your computer?

If you have security software installed on your computer, please disabled it temporarily, restart your computer, and try to import the MP3 again.

Please use the steps here to import the music: Import media from a computer to iTunes on PC - Apple Support

We also recommend installing and updates available on your computer.

Let us know the results.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2021 2:08 PM in response to yumfinite

Hello yumfinite,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you’re unable to drag and drop music to iTunes. We’re happy to help.

What is the exact error message you receive? Where are you importing the MP3 from i.e. your computer, website, app, etc.? Do you have security software installed in your computer?

If you have security software installed on your computer, please disabled it temporarily, restart your computer, and try to import the MP3 again.

Please use the steps here to import the music: Import media from a computer to iTunes on PC - Apple Support

We also recommend installing and updates available on your computer.

Let us know the results.

Take care.

Can't drag MP3 files to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.