Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer photos/videos to icloud

Hello. I already upgraded my icloud storage to 200gb because i want to transfer all my photos and videos from my phone. I dont have enough phone storage. I clicked the backups several time, turned on photos in icloud storage but it wont work. My phone storage is still almost full.

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 12:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 8:26 AM

Backup only creates a backup of your device.

To sync your photo library:

Go to Settings > Photos

Enable iCloud photos. You may also wish to optimize your library which will keep originals in iCloud and keep lower resolution copies on your device to save space)

To see the status:

Open photos

tap library

scroll to the bottom

you'll see a count of pictures and videos in your library and beneath that the iCloud status. If your library is substantial, it may takes days to perform an initial sync.

Remember, iCloud is a sync service. So if you delete a picture on your device it will also delete from the cloud.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2021 8:26 AM in response to rcbq03

Backup only creates a backup of your device.

To sync your photo library:

Go to Settings > Photos

Enable iCloud photos. You may also wish to optimize your library which will keep originals in iCloud and keep lower resolution copies on your device to save space)

To see the status:

Open photos

tap library

scroll to the bottom

you'll see a count of pictures and videos in your library and beneath that the iCloud status. If your library is substantial, it may takes days to perform an initial sync.

Remember, iCloud is a sync service. So if you delete a picture on your device it will also delete from the cloud.

Transfer photos/videos to icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.