Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey and wireless Sidecar issues with iPad Pro

Since updating to Monterey, I can no longer connect to my Ipad Pro wirelessly to use sidecar. It is not showing up in the conrol panel, and when 'clicking 'Ipad' in system preferences - displays, it can't connect. This worked seamlessly before the update, and tehre was always a sidecar option in System Preferences. Why is this?

It works with a wired connection but when you only have 2 USB C ports on an iMac, that's hardly a solution is it. Why would the update mess up such a key feature during the iPad launch??

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 1:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 7:07 AM

Hi, thanks for replying. I've actually found the issue. Since the Monterey update, for whatever reason, the 3rd party app Remote Mouse Pro, interferes with the connection to iPad for sidecar. Very odd. By quitting Remote Mouse, I was able to connect to the iPad again.

Worth noting for anyone else with the same issue! From what I hear, running certain VPN services may cause the issue too - all since the Monteray update.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2021 7:07 AM in response to bailier

Hi, thanks for replying. I've actually found the issue. Since the Monterey update, for whatever reason, the 3rd party app Remote Mouse Pro, interferes with the connection to iPad for sidecar. Very odd. By quitting Remote Mouse, I was able to connect to the iPad again.

Worth noting for anyone else with the same issue! From what I hear, running certain VPN services may cause the issue too - all since the Monteray update.

Nov 9, 2021 6:53 AM in response to LukeeDfilm

Hi LukeeDfilm,

Since upgrading to macOS Monterey, Sidecar isn't working wirelessly. Make sure that the iPad has the latest software version installed by following the steps here: Update iPadOS. Also, make sure both the Mac and the iPad are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, and signed in using the same Apple ID.

If issue persists, restart both the Mac and the iPad. If that doesn't help, toggle Handoff off and turn back on on both devices: Use Handoff to continue tasks on your other devices. Next, toggle Bluetooth off and then back on on both devices.

Hope this helps. Take care.

Monterey and wireless Sidecar issues with iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.