Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Icloud photos. HELP

Hello, I would like to ask why i have lost all my 29 K photos which were stored in Icloud. I have changed my phone and storage was full that's why i deleted those photos from my new phone, and for some time photos were in Icloud, but now couple days ago I have noticed its nothing there. So disappointing! but if its in icloud, which supposed to be secure place to store everything. are there any chance now to get back those photos? otherwise it doesn't make sense why i should pay monthly about I cloud. Also I have lost some current photos in my phone too, and I didn't delete them! how come? nothing stored in deleted files. Please advise! still hope to get all my photos back

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 1:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 2:52 AM

If your iPhone has still been syncing with iCloud Photos, when you deleted the photos from the iPhone, they have been deleted from iCloud as well, as the purpose of iCloud Photos is to keep the photos on all your devices identical.

• If you delete a photo on one device, the deletion will sync to iCloud and from there to all other devices.
  • If you import a photo on one device, it will upload to iCloud and from there download to all other devices.

The same goes for adjustments or albums you create. What you are seeing on any iCloud Photos device mirrored the state in iCloud and on all other synced devices. Never delete a photo or video from ny device, that you want to keep in iCloud and o your other devices.

You can check the photos still in iCloud on your iCloud web page www.icloud.com in the Photos.app on that page.

If you really accidentally erased your iCloud photos because you misunderstood how iCloud is working, and the photos are already gone from the Recently Deleted album, contact Apple Support and ask for help. The users can only access the current state of the iCloud Photos Library, not the history. perhaps Apple Support can restore the iCloud Photos for you from Apple's backup of the servers. There is a "Get Support" link at the top of this page: Get Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2021 2:52 AM in response to vesma

If your iPhone has still been syncing with iCloud Photos, when you deleted the photos from the iPhone, they have been deleted from iCloud as well, as the purpose of iCloud Photos is to keep the photos on all your devices identical.

• If you delete a photo on one device, the deletion will sync to iCloud and from there to all other devices.
  • If you import a photo on one device, it will upload to iCloud and from there download to all other devices.

The same goes for adjustments or albums you create. What you are seeing on any iCloud Photos device mirrored the state in iCloud and on all other synced devices. Never delete a photo or video from ny device, that you want to keep in iCloud and o your other devices.

You can check the photos still in iCloud on your iCloud web page www.icloud.com in the Photos.app on that page.

If you really accidentally erased your iCloud photos because you misunderstood how iCloud is working, and the photos are already gone from the Recently Deleted album, contact Apple Support and ask for help. The users can only access the current state of the iCloud Photos Library, not the history. perhaps Apple Support can restore the iCloud Photos for you from Apple's backup of the servers. There is a "Get Support" link at the top of this page: Get Support

Lost Icloud photos. HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.