You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to edit location name in find my app

I click on anyone in the find my app then click edit location name, pick the name of the location I want then done and it stays the same. Anyone?

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 6:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 9:27 AM

I click on my sons name, then I scroll down and click edit location name. I then pick one of my custom locations and the location name doesn’t change for my son. I also tried clicking on the default names, like school and it doesn’t change either.

4 replies

Nov 9, 2021 8:21 AM in response to mkstretch

Hi there mkstretch,

We understand you have a question about editing your current location name in Find My, and we'd like to share a resource that can help.

Take a look at it here: Share your location in Find My on iPhone

Specifically, check out the section below:

"Set a label for your location

You can set a label for your current location to make it more meaningful (like Home or Work). When you tap Me, you see the label in addition to your location.

1. Tap Me at the bottom of the screen, then tap Edit Location Name.
  2. Select a label.

To add a new label, tap Add Custom Label, enter a name, then tap Done."

Cheers!

unable to edit location name in find my app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.