Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trash folder still show contents after emptying it?

I empty the trash but the info tab still shows it has 2GB of data. I checked for hidden files but didn't find anything. Why is trash showing it has 2GB when it's empty?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 1:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 2:45 PM

Hi DCarlson93,

It likely is just a slow Finder due to the fact that you've just deleted 2GB of data. If it still shows after you reboot your Mac, then I would suggest you need to look at using an application like Onyx to run a cleaning of your Mac's caches and the like; But don't do it if you're note comfortable with that it is doing and understand the resulting actions it is performing.

That said, let us know if you have further problems.

Cheers,

Anthony

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2021 2:45 PM in response to DCarlson93

Hi DCarlson93,

It likely is just a slow Finder due to the fact that you've just deleted 2GB of data. If it still shows after you reboot your Mac, then I would suggest you need to look at using an application like Onyx to run a cleaning of your Mac's caches and the like; But don't do it if you're note comfortable with that it is doing and understand the resulting actions it is performing.

That said, let us know if you have further problems.

Cheers,

Anthony

Trash folder still show contents after emptying it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.