Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Processor NEEDED: Multicore Intel with SSSE3 HAVE: 4 GHz Intel Core i7 processor

Processor Needed:: Multicore Intel with SSSE3 to install some software.

I HAVE: 4 GHz Intel Core i7 processor

Is this the similar? Will it work or have issues?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 2:58 PM

I tried MrHoffman's suggestion. Results..... I have SSSE3.

Thank you for all the quick responses. Corel kept sending me in circles.

machdep.cpu.features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM PBE SSE3 PCLMULQDQ DTES64 MON DSCPL VMX EST TM2 SSSE3 FMA CX16 TPR PDCM SSE4.1 SSE4.2 x2APIC MOVBE POPCNT AES PCID XSAVE OSXSAVE SEGLIM64 TSCTMR AVX1.0 RDRAND F16C

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2021 2:58 PM in response to rkaufmann87

I tried MrHoffman's suggestion. Results..... I have SSSE3.

Thank you for all the quick responses. Corel kept sending me in circles.

machdep.cpu.features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM PBE SSE3 PCLMULQDQ DTES64 MON DSCPL VMX EST TM2 SSSE3 FMA CX16 TPR PDCM SSE4.1 SSE4.2 x2APIC MOVBE POPCNT AES PCID XSAVE OSXSAVE SEGLIM64 TSCTMR AVX1.0 RDRAND F16C

Nov 8, 2021 2:58 PM in response to ccmiko

Intel has various different i7 processors.

To see which Intel intrinsics are available on the Intel i7 processor that you have, launch Terminal.app and issue the following one-line command:

sysctl -a | grep machdep.cpu.features

You can cut-and-paste that command into the Terminal.app command prompt, and press return.

You'll get (cryptic) a list of which intrinsics are supported on your particular Mac with your particular i7.

That list will look something like this:

machdep.cpu.features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP 
MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT 
TM PBE SSE3 PCLMULQDQ DTES64 MON DSCPL VMX SMX EST TM2 SSSE3 FMA 
CX16 TPR PDCM SSE4.1 SSE4.2 x2APIC MOVBE POPCNT AES PCID XSAVE 
OSXSAVE SEGLIM64 TSCTMR AVX1.0 RDRAND F16C

The above is from a Mac with an i5 (not i7), and shows SSSE3 is available on that particular i5.

The local i5 is a quad-core.

> About This Mac will show how many cores you have on that i7. Probably four cores; a quad-core. That same display will show which graphics processing is provided with your i7.

Apple deprecated OpenCL a while back. Here's the version info: Mac computers that use OpenCL and OpenGL graphics - Apple Support

I don't know of any Mac in the last ~decade that's not a multicore. AFAIK, Intel Core 2 was the last single-core Intel processor that Apple shipped.

Kinda surprised Corel doesn't have a "yeah, this'll work" app or menu prompt that determines this "can I upgrade?" info for you, but whatever.

Nov 8, 2021 2:38 PM in response to rkaufmann87

I have Corel Painter 2021 and want to update to 2022. I will update to macOS 10.15, soon. Here is what they require.

I HAVE: 4 GHz Intel Core i7 processor

System Req. Mac

• macOS Big Sur 11.0 or macOS 10.15, with the latest revision

Multicore Intel with SSSE3 (or higher) or Apple M1 processor with Rosetta 2

◦4 physical cores/8 logical cores or higher (recommended)

•Modern GPU with OpenCL (1.2 or higher) compatibility (recommended)

Nov 8, 2021 2:46 PM in response to ccmiko

Still unclear about your question as you are not being clear. Something like:

"I have a 2017 27" iMac with a Intel Core i7 CPU and and 32 GB or RAM. I currently have Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6 installed on it and would like to upgrade my Corel Painter 2021 license to Corel Painter 2022. The system requirements for Corel 2022 are:

X, Y, Z

Will my current machine be able to run Corel 2022?"

Nov 8, 2021 3:02 PM in response to ccmiko

The i7 processor has SSSE3. you should be fine with that.

However, you don't have enough RAM to run the 2022 version of Corel Painter. 8GB required, 16GB recommended.

Corel Painter 2022 Tech Specs and Requirements: https://www.painterartist.com/en/product/painter/?sourceid=ptr2022-xx-ppc_brkws&skuId=UG&x-vehicle=ppc_brkws&trial=big&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5Irjr-2J9AIVUhh9Ch0puA1xEAAYASABEgJZufD_BwE#tech-specs

EDIT - I may have misread your post re: RAM.

Processor NEEDED: Multicore Intel with SSSE3 HAVE: 4 GHz Intel Core i7 processor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.