Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email

when I received an email the name in not mine but another person in my contact list

iPad, 14

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 3:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 12:12 PM

Hello DeZZA700,

We see that you need help with email.

To confirm, where are you seeing the name? For example, is it in the from, to, or CC fields? Is it in the body of the email itself? Is this happening with iCloud or another email service provider?

We ask because want to provide you with the best information and get you headed in the right direction.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2021 12:12 PM in response to DeZZA700

Hello DeZZA700,

We see that you need help with email.

To confirm, where are you seeing the name? For example, is it in the from, to, or CC fields? Is it in the body of the email itself? Is this happening with iCloud or another email service provider?

We ask because want to provide you with the best information and get you headed in the right direction.

Cheers!

Nov 10, 2021 5:53 AM in response to Sharon_419

Sharon_419

The name is in the form “to “ from another email provider all though on my iPhone the emails had the correct name that what cause my confusion

I have now sorted the issue I double clicked on the name that then brought up the contact list and I change the name to mine . The email address was correct. all very strange how it change to my partners name just on my iPad

thank you your input

Email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.