Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I update my Mac if it says its already updated but it Is not

iMac 27″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 4:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 4:38 PM

To be clear, software update generally means to install software to update the macOS currently running on the Mac; update Catalina 10.15.1 to Catalina 10.15.7, for example.

To update your current macOS, click the Apple  icon > About This Mac and then click Software Updates.... If there are any updates available for your Mac, they will be listed and you can apply them when you like. If no updates are listed, it is assumed there are none available.

A software upgrade is usually a generational step up to a newer macOS; upgrade from 10.13 High Sierra to 10.14 Mojave, for example, or from 10.15 Catalina to macOS 11 Big Sur.

Why do you believe your Mac is not updated?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2021 4:38 PM in response to KristyLeanne78

To be clear, software update generally means to install software to update the macOS currently running on the Mac; update Catalina 10.15.1 to Catalina 10.15.7, for example.

To update your current macOS, click the Apple  icon > About This Mac and then click Software Updates.... If there are any updates available for your Mac, they will be listed and you can apply them when you like. If no updates are listed, it is assumed there are none available.

A software upgrade is usually a generational step up to a newer macOS; upgrade from 10.13 High Sierra to 10.14 Mojave, for example, or from 10.15 Catalina to macOS 11 Big Sur.

Why do you believe your Mac is not updated?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.