Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I share iCloud space with a family member for backup of their iPhone?

If I have 2 TB of iCloud space, can I share space with a family member? If so how is that set up?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 7:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 11:23 PM

You can share iCloud+ storage with up to 5 other people if you have 200 GB or 2 TB plans by setting up Family Sharing.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Go to Settings > [Your Name] > Family Sharing. If you already have Family Sharing set up, click Add Member to share a link to someone to join your Family Sharing plan. If you haven't already set up Family Sharing, tap Set Up Your Family.

If this person is already in your family, scroll down and find iCloud+ to choose to share your subscription with your family. If you have other In-App Subscriptions or Apple subscriptions, you can choose to share those with your family as well.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2021 11:23 PM in response to Shared-backup-space

You can share iCloud+ storage with up to 5 other people if you have 200 GB or 2 TB plans by setting up Family Sharing.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Go to Settings > [Your Name] > Family Sharing. If you already have Family Sharing set up, click Add Member to share a link to someone to join your Family Sharing plan. If you haven't already set up Family Sharing, tap Set Up Your Family.

If this person is already in your family, scroll down and find iCloud+ to choose to share your subscription with your family. If you have other In-App Subscriptions or Apple subscriptions, you can choose to share those with your family as well.

Can I share iCloud space with a family member for backup of their iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.