Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blood Oxygen app does not appear on watch or iPhone

Hi folks,

This has been asked before but there is no answer. The Blood Oxygen app does not show up on my watch (Watch 6, WatchOS 8.1) nor the Health app nor the Watch app in my paired iPhone (iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15.0.2).

The app does not show up in the Watch App Store and trying to download the app on the watch using a link it only shows a 'Requires iPhone' message.

Has anyone managed to install the missing app?

Thanks.

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 11:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 1:39 PM

What country are you in?

What country was your iPhone and Watch purchased in?

Not available in all countries or regions.

Also you must be 18 years or older.

See How to use the Blood Oxygen app on Apple Watch Series 6 or Series 7

Similar questions

9 replies

Nov 30, 2021 8:43 AM in response to emakris

I’m in the US. I’m over 18 years old. I’ve set up my Health profile which indicates my age. I have the latest SE iPhone and the Apple Watch 8.1. The Blood Oxygen app appears in the App Store on my phone but says Apple Watch app only. The Blood Oxygen app does not appear in the App Store from the watch.

I’ve tried going to Respiratory and setting up that way but nothing appears for Blood Oxygen to enable.

How can I install Blood Oxygen app on my Apple Watch?

Dec 23, 2021 6:16 AM in response to Community User

Yes, the phone is fully updated. I don’t get the option to set it up on my phone. I tried that but the screens it tells me I’ll see on the Apple Support pages simply don’t appear. My one thought is maybe somehow I (unwantingly) have family sharing set up. Supposedly if you have family sharing you can’t download Blood Oxygen stuff. But when I went to that area of my phone, it asks me if I want to set up family sharing, which implies it’s not already set up. Sigh. So frustrating.

Dec 23, 2021 6:27 AM in response to raphilly

Is your watch a family shared watch?.

The following features and apps are not available: Health data sharing, respiratory rate, irregular heart rhythm notifications, ECG, Cycle Tracking, Sleep, Blood Oxygen, Podcasts, Remote, News, Home and Shortcuts.   

Blood Oxygen app does not appear on watch or iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.