Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OSX 10.11 El Capitan

I have in my MacBook Pro Mid 2012 the OS X Yosemite ( 10.10.5) and I want to Install 10.11 El Capitan, but I can't find the Installer anywhere, because Apple only has Updates not the main OS X . Any Idea where to go?

help would be appreciated,

thanks, David

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 11:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 11:29 AM

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, and click on El Capitan.

(207793)

8 replies

Nov 10, 2021 6:16 AM in response to dgerman104

You want High Sierra, if your Mac can get there.

The oldest macOS will Microsoft Office support is now Catalina, for instance.

Performance-wise, I haven’t noticed an appreciable difference between El Capitan, Sierra, and High Sierra. Or with Mojave, for that matter.

Catalina, Big Sur, and Monterey have all made more significant demands of the hardware, so those did get slower on older low-spec hardware. Catalina and later particularly don’t run well on configurations with eight gigabytes of memory and a hard disk drive, or eight gigabytes and a Fusion drive. More memory somewhat masks the slower HDD. On systems with SSDs, those versions do better, even with eight GB.

OSX 10.11 El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.