Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not share screen on ZOOM meeting after installing macOS Monterey 12.0.1

I get the message "Host disabled participant screen sharing" when I try to share a Keynote presentation on ZOOM. I am signed into a ZOOM meeting from a company, so it is not a ZOOM session that I own, but until the new OS, I have always been able to share my presentations on that meeting screen.

I currently have Finder/Sharing/Screen Sharing selected, and the green dot indicated that Screen Sharing is ON. This is a home computer, not on a work network, and not on the network that is hosting the ZOOM meeting. I'm not sure what checking the other items under Screen Sharing will accomplish, for example, do I need to select File Sharing? Other items on that list? Thanks in advance.

iMac Pro

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 9:20 AM

Hey there SeattleNan,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. Does this issue occur in a new user account? Test to verify to isolate the issue:

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac 

If it happens in a new user account, you may want to reach out to Zoom support to look further into this with you:

Zoom Help Center

Take care.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2021 9:20 AM in response to SeattleNan

Hey there SeattleNan,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. Does this issue occur in a new user account? Test to verify to isolate the issue:

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac 

If it happens in a new user account, you may want to reach out to Zoom support to look further into this with you:

Zoom Help Center

Take care.

Can not share screen on ZOOM meeting after installing macOS Monterey 12.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.