Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos

How do I delete photos from my MAC and MacAir that were downloaded from iCloud by mistake without removing the photos on my phone?

MacBook Pro 17″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 12:17 AM

Hi

Turn off iCloud photos on your mac. (Photos - preferences - icloud tab)

Once your mac is no longer connected to iCloud, then any deletions you make on your mac won't be copied to iCloud or to your phone.

Then test by deleting the images, but leave them in the recently deleted folder until you are sure they are not being deleted from the phone (leave it a few days)

If these accidentally downloaded images are the only ones that are in your Photos library, then you can also do it by simply deleting the library file (in your pictures folder). But be careful with this that you don't delete some other library that might be holding many important pictures.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2021 12:17 AM in response to Surls

Hi

Turn off iCloud photos on your mac. (Photos - preferences - icloud tab)

Once your mac is no longer connected to iCloud, then any deletions you make on your mac won't be copied to iCloud or to your phone.

Then test by deleting the images, but leave them in the recently deleted folder until you are sure they are not being deleted from the phone (leave it a few days)

If these accidentally downloaded images are the only ones that are in your Photos library, then you can also do it by simply deleting the library file (in your pictures folder). But be careful with this that you don't delete some other library that might be holding many important pictures.

Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.