Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari on my macOS Mojave v. 10.14.6 has stopped allowing me to open a web site that I've used for years. The site will open on Firefox but that is not my regular browser. What is the problem and how can I fix it? I'm new at this

I'm using Safari on my macOS Mojave v.10.14.6. It stopped opening up a web site that I have used for years. I cannot get into my account on Consumer Cellular on Safari. I can get into it on Firefox but not Safari. All other web sites works on Safari. Thanks,.

Barbara

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 4:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 4:48 PM

Have you tried the following steps?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204098

If Safari on your Mac isn't working as you expect, one of these solutions might help.

These solutions are appropriate for issues that affect Safari on Mac, including issues such as the following. Before you get started, make sure that your Mac is connected to the internet.

• A webpage is blank or doesn't show all of its content
  • You can't to sign in to a webpage, despite using the correct sign-in information
  • A webpage asks you to remove or reset cookies
  • Safari slows down or stops responding

Reload the page

If a page doesn't open or finish loading, try to reload it: Choose View > Reload Page or press Command-R. If that doesn't work, press Command-Q to quit Safari, then reopen Safari and try again. If Safari doesn't quit, press Option-Command-Esc to force Safari to quit.

Install software updates

Install all available Apple software updates, which can include updates for Safari. If you installed any Safari extensions, update them as well. 

Turn off Safari extensions

Even if your Safari extensions are up to date, temporarily turn them off to be sure they aren't affecting Safari in unexpected ways. Choose Safari > Preferences, then click Extensions. To turn off an extension, deselect its checkbox.

Test with a private window 

A website can store cookies, caches, and other data on your Mac, and issues with that data can affect your use of the website. To prevent the website from using that data, view the website in a private window: Choose File > New Private Window.

If that works, use the following steps to remove the website's data from your Mac. The website can then create new data as needed. If it's a website that you sign in to, make sure that you know your sign-in information before continuing.

1. Choose Safari > Preferences, then click Privacy.
  2. Click Manage Website Data.
  3. Select the affected website from the list shown.
  4. Click Remove.
  5. Click Done.
  6. Open the website again in a non-private browser window.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2021 4:48 PM in response to oso1kat

Have you tried the following steps?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204098

If Safari on your Mac isn't working as you expect, one of these solutions might help.

These solutions are appropriate for issues that affect Safari on Mac, including issues such as the following. Before you get started, make sure that your Mac is connected to the internet.

• A webpage is blank or doesn't show all of its content
  • You can't to sign in to a webpage, despite using the correct sign-in information
  • A webpage asks you to remove or reset cookies
  • Safari slows down or stops responding

Reload the page

If a page doesn't open or finish loading, try to reload it: Choose View > Reload Page or press Command-R. If that doesn't work, press Command-Q to quit Safari, then reopen Safari and try again. If Safari doesn't quit, press Option-Command-Esc to force Safari to quit.

Install software updates

Install all available Apple software updates, which can include updates for Safari. If you installed any Safari extensions, update them as well. 

Turn off Safari extensions

Even if your Safari extensions are up to date, temporarily turn them off to be sure they aren't affecting Safari in unexpected ways. Choose Safari > Preferences, then click Extensions. To turn off an extension, deselect its checkbox.

Test with a private window 

A website can store cookies, caches, and other data on your Mac, and issues with that data can affect your use of the website. To prevent the website from using that data, view the website in a private window: Choose File > New Private Window.

If that works, use the following steps to remove the website's data from your Mac. The website can then create new data as needed. If it's a website that you sign in to, make sure that you know your sign-in information before continuing.

1. Choose Safari > Preferences, then click Privacy.
  2. Click Manage Website Data.
  3. Select the affected website from the list shown.
  4. Click Remove.
  5. Click Done.
  6. Open the website again in a non-private browser window.

Safari on my macOS Mojave v. 10.14.6 has stopped allowing me to open a web site that I've used for years. The site will open on Firefox but that is not my regular browser. What is the problem and how can I fix it? I'm new at this

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.