Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing 32-bit apps in OS monterey

I want to remove 32-bit apps that won't run on my MacBookPro with OS Monterey. I can't drag them to the trashcan.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 7:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 5:57 AM

Which applications specifically? What happens when you try to drag to the trash?

If you have a third party application in your Applications folder you should be able to drag them to the trash. At most in some cases you might be asked to type an administrator password.

2 replies

Nov 10, 2021 5:54 AM in response to 5646

i think i would try temporarily disabling SIP. boot into recovery by holding "command+R" during startup. once there open terminal by clicking on "utilities" in the menubar and choosing "terminal". then paste in "csrutil disable" without the quotes. enter your admin password if prompted. then restart the mac and try deleting the file. wether or not it works, make sure to re-enable SIP. boot into recovery again, reopen terminal and paste in "csrutil enable" without the quotes. enter your admin password if prompted and again restart the mac normally.

Removing 32-bit apps in OS monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.