Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlink Netflix from iTunes

I want to unlink Netflix from iTunes.

While speaking to a Netflix support person, they told me I have to ask Apple for that.

My idea is to stop being charged from Apple and be able to place my credit card directly with Netflix.

Can you please help me to do that?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 7:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 1:48 PM

2 things to note:

1. This cannot be undone. Netflix no longer accepts new subscriptions through iTunes, so you cant go back to having it be charged through iTunes once you cancel it.
  2. You will have to create a new account directly with Netflix, and use it to sign in to the apps on your devices. Your Apple ID will no longer function as your Netflix account.

The only thing you need to do is cancel the subscription from your Apple ID.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2021 1:48 PM in response to thiagomp

2 things to note:

1. This cannot be undone. Netflix no longer accepts new subscriptions through iTunes, so you cant go back to having it be charged through iTunes once you cancel it.
  2. You will have to create a new account directly with Netflix, and use it to sign in to the apps on your devices. Your Apple ID will no longer function as your Netflix account.

The only thing you need to do is cancel the subscription from your Apple ID.

Nov 10, 2021 1:30 PM in response to thiagomp

Hello thiagomp,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We'd like to help get you pointed in the right direction.

If you no longer wish to have a Netflix subscription, you can cancel the subscription by taking these steps:

How to cancel a subscription from Apple

You may find additional info on the Netflix website:

How to cancel iTunes billing for Netflix

For additional billing and payment options for your Netflix subscription, we suggest continuing to work with the app developer:

How to contact an app developer

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Unlink Netflix from iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.