Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing someone on Fitness app

If I remove someone on the Fitness app does it remove me completely from their end on the phone app? What happens exactly?

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 10:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 6:00 PM

Exiles87,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us.

If you tap “Hide my Activity”, you’ll remain friends in the Fitness app and you’ll still see your friend’s activity, but they won’t see your activity.

However, if you tap on "Remove Friend," that friend is removed from your list of friends, and you're also removed from their list of friends. Taking this step also removes all related activity data.

Have a great day!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2021 6:00 PM in response to Exiles87

Exiles87,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us.

If you tap “Hide my Activity”, you’ll remain friends in the Fitness app and you’ll still see your friend’s activity, but they won’t see your activity.

However, if you tap on "Remove Friend," that friend is removed from your list of friends, and you're also removed from their list of friends. Taking this step also removes all related activity data.

Have a great day!

Nov 10, 2021 4:39 PM in response to Exiles87

Hello Exiles87,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We'd like to offer you our support.

No, if you remove a friend from the Fitness app, they are not removed from the Phone app. After you remove a friend, they simply won't be able to see your activity, and you won't be able to see their activity. Check out the section "Stop sharing" in the Apple Support article below to learn more about your options:

Share your Activity and compete with friends with your Apple Watch

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Removing someone on Fitness app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.