Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix login error ATV-ui92 on Apple TV 3rd Gen.

I couldn't login to my Netflix account from my Apple TV, 3rd Generation, firmware version 7.8.

Tried the Netflix hotline, the Apple hotline, online support instructions for this topic like:

factory reset of the apple tv, restarting my router, changing my Netflix password,

using the original remote (very annoying), using the remote app on iPhone....

nothing worked. I couldn't login. Period.

Then found the solution hidden here in a post on the support community:

Go to the general settings section of your Apple TV, change the time settings from

"automatic" to "manual". Select any location/city near to you. Save/quit th menue.

This will allow you to login via your Netflix App on your Apple TV 3rd Gen. instantly.

It is a bug relateted to the time settings of the Apple TV.

Took me 3 days to find out.

Apple helpline should know this!

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 3:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 11:24 PM

Hello everyone!

I had this issue but none of the known fixes (manual time set, apple original remote, Apple TV reset) were working.

So i tried from a web browser, on my mac, to reset the email address linked to my Netflix account: I changed it with *the very same* email! This somehow unlocked the Netlix login policy and I could login from my Apple TV 2 with no other problems.

Hope it helps!

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2022 11:24 PM in response to Tomi204

Hello everyone!

I had this issue but none of the known fixes (manual time set, apple original remote, Apple TV reset) were working.

So i tried from a web browser, on my mac, to reset the email address linked to my Netflix account: I changed it with *the very same* email! This somehow unlocked the Netlix login policy and I could login from my Apple TV 2 with no other problems.

Hope it helps!

Netflix login error ATV-ui92 on Apple TV 3rd Gen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.