Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I update safari on my iPad

Update Safari ipad

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 7:54 AM

Safari is an integral element of iOS/iPadOS - and cannot be updated independently of the OS. If your iPad has been updated to the most recent version supported by your iPad (the model and installed version of iOS have not been declared), then Safari is as up-to-date as is possible.

However, some websites incorrectly identify your iOS/iPadOS Safari User Agent when used in one or other of its browsing modes - of which their are two - these being Desktop and Mobile.

It’s easy to switch between modes if a website isn’t functioning correctly. From the desired web-page, touch the aA icon at the left of the Address Bar; this will reveal a menu. From the menu select Website Settings, then select (or deselect) Request Desktop Website, then tap Done. Now refresh the webpage.

The chosen setting will be saved for the selected website - and can be simply reversed if needed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2021 7:54 AM in response to Safari60

Safari is an integral element of iOS/iPadOS - and cannot be updated independently of the OS. If your iPad has been updated to the most recent version supported by your iPad (the model and installed version of iOS have not been declared), then Safari is as up-to-date as is possible.

However, some websites incorrectly identify your iOS/iPadOS Safari User Agent when used in one or other of its browsing modes - of which their are two - these being Desktop and Mobile.

It’s easy to switch between modes if a website isn’t functioning correctly. From the desired web-page, touch the aA icon at the left of the Address Bar; this will reveal a menu. From the menu select Website Settings, then select (or deselect) Request Desktop Website, then tap Done. Now refresh the webpage.

The chosen setting will be saved for the selected website - and can be simply reversed if needed.

How do I update safari on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.