Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I stream Apple Music to my Denon receiver using IOS 15 ?

Streaming Apple Music using iTunes on my iPhone 12 and iPad to my Denon receiver worked well prior to upgrading to IOS 15. I can still use the Denon HEOS app to play music stored on my iPhone/iPad, but iTunes AirPlay can see, but can’t connect to my receiver.

Do you have an update or solution for this?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 6:51 AM

We appreciate those additional details Camper5309, 

If your Denon receiver is AirPlay compatible you can try the steps outlined in the following article. 

Apple AirPlay – Denon

When attempting to AirPlay to your receiver, are you following the steps in the article below? If not, make sure you’re following those steps along with the steps specific to the Denon receiver. 

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you continue to have issues after following those steps, you’ll want to try the steps outlined in the following article. 

If screen mirroring or streaming isn’t working on your AirPlay-compatible device

Have a great day!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2021 6:51 AM in response to Camper5309

We appreciate those additional details Camper5309, 

If your Denon receiver is AirPlay compatible you can try the steps outlined in the following article. 

Apple AirPlay – Denon

When attempting to AirPlay to your receiver, are you following the steps in the article below? If not, make sure you’re following those steps along with the steps specific to the Denon receiver. 

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you continue to have issues after following those steps, you’ll want to try the steps outlined in the following article. 

If screen mirroring or streaming isn’t working on your AirPlay-compatible device

Have a great day!

Nov 11, 2021 9:18 AM in response to Camper5309

Hello Camper5309,

Apple Support Communities is a great place for help! From the description you provided it sounds as though you’re attempting to stream audio to your Denon receive via Bluetooth, but having issues doing so. To confirm, have you verified that the Denon receiver is connected via Settings > Bluetooth on your iPhone and iPad? If the receiver isn’t connected, and you’re having issues reconnecting try the steps outlined in the following article. 

If you can’t connect a Bluetooth accessory to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know how that goes!

Nov 12, 2021 5:19 AM in response to mario49

From what I've read, it appears AirPlay uses my local network (not Bluetooth) to communicate with my receiver. (My receiver doesn't show up as a Bluetooth device either.) Do I need a Bluetooth connection to my receiver? My Denon HEOS app works and allows me to stream music stored on my device to my receiver, but it doesn't provide access to AppleMusic.

How can I stream Apple Music to my Denon receiver using IOS 15 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.