You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dell E525W Mac OS 12 (Monterey) print Credentials expired

Hope someone can help. So, just updated to a shiny yellow iMac from an old iMac and along with it came Mac OS12. I use a Dell E525W MF printer. Unfortunately, although I can easily see the printer using the latest driver software (which instals but only supports up to OS 11 officially), and it did work for a short amount of time I now get 'Encryption credentials have expired'. in the print queue. Tried restarting/removing printer and adding etc. but to no avail.

I seem to remember this being na issue last OS too and the fix was to turn off secure AirPrint and use AirPrint instead. But I can't find those options here and I'm stuck.

Any advice please?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 10:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 4:46 AM

Airprint did nothelp for me. I also have the Dell E525W printer and I am now running Monterey. The credentials expired message was really chalenging. But using the generic driver (instead of the Dell driver) did work.

4 replies

Nov 10, 2021 12:49 PM in response to Keith Barkley

Hi Keith,

Thank you for your reply.

So, this works - well, it put me on the right track. When I added the printer it selected the dell driver as the auto selected option. This was the one that didn't work. Instead I used the generic profile, which ended up working. Also tried the scanner and this seems to work too. So all good.

The option for AirPrint isn't there though (and neither is secure AirPrint).

I suspect that when Dell get round to updating the driver it will be okay to revert to it.

Thanks for your help.

Dell E525W Mac OS 12 (Monterey) print Credentials expired

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.