Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blocking unwanted (spam) text messages

I know how to block unwanted phone calls on my Apple SE iPhone—by pressing the Info button and choosing the "Block this Caller" option. However, when I get a spam text message from some unknown advertiser, no info button appears. It seems all that I can do is to delete the message, but this will not block the advertiser from texting me again. Is there a way to block such unwanted messages on the iPhone SE?

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 10:32 AM

4 replies

Nov 10, 2021 11:28 AM in response to Michael Black

Mr. Black:

When I tap on the message, the next screen opens the message which also includes a URL link at the bottom, which I do not click. There is no "Send ID in bold" at the top, only the text message. At the bottom of the screen there is the text message box in which I would place a message should I desire to reply. There is absolutely no info button icon for information (+options) anywhere on the screen. I still cannot block this message sender.

Blocking unwanted (spam) text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.