Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost contacts without access to backup

I lost more than the 50% of my contacts for no reason, I didn't do any change of phone or account, i tried iCloud, Gmail without any result. Please how can I get my contacts backup again?

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 3:59 PM

carolynguzmang Said:

"Lost contacts without access to backup: I lost more than the 50% of my contacts for no reason, I didn't do any change of phone or account, i tried iCloud, Gmail without any result. Please how can I get my contacts backup again?"

-------

Sync Through iCloud:

Sign in to the same Apple ID on this iPhone and a device with these account. And then enable Contacts in iCloud Settings. Being synced, Contacts will be accessible between both these devices iPhones.

On Both iPhones:

1. Click: Settings
  2. Tap: your Name (top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Contacts (so that it is green)
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2021 3:59 PM in response to carolynguzmang

carolynguzmang Said:

"Lost contacts without access to backup: I lost more than the 50% of my contacts for no reason, I didn't do any change of phone or account, i tried iCloud, Gmail without any result. Please how can I get my contacts backup again?"

-------

Sync Through iCloud:

Sign in to the same Apple ID on this iPhone and a device with these account. And then enable Contacts in iCloud Settings. Being synced, Contacts will be accessible between both these devices iPhones.

On Both iPhones:

1. Click: Settings
  2. Tap: your Name (top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Contacts (so that it is green)

Dec 1, 2021 2:13 PM in response to Alovesud2

Alovesud2 Said:

"I’ve updated to ios15 and have been losing contacts randomly. I had a back up and had to reset my phone to factory settings yesterday after that it was fine. This morning randomly started losing my contacts again."

-------

Report this to Apple:

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Comment: that it is after installing iOS15 when the issue began.
  3. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  4. Proceed from there aw necessary

Lost contacts without access to backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.