You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch screen bright, watch is very hot when charging

My Series 4 Apple Watch randomly went super bright (green, yellow, blush color) this morning after a run. It has standard wear and tear. I did not drop it or anything before this happened - just rinsed it off after my run (which I do every time after runs). It seems to be working, as it will buzz when receiving phone calls or messages, but it's basically useless, as I cannot see anything (see images). It changes random patterns when pressing the digital crown. I can even turn it off by holding down the side button and swiping in the proper location to turn off. Restarting did not fix the issue. It properly tracked my movements, etc. during the day until it died (presumably because the screen killed the battery). So the watch actually seems to be functioning. If I place it on the charger, though, it heats up very quickly. Anyone have an idea what's happened? Thanks!

Apple Watch Series 4

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 8:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 6:19 AM

That's a hardware failure. Schedule an appointment at your Apple Store Genius Bar for evaluation and options.

1 reply

Apple Watch screen bright, watch is very hot when charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.