Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I updated my iPad to the latest update iOS 14.8.

How can I updated my iPad to the latest updated to iOS 14.8?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 12:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 12:48 PM

If you attempted to update your iPad and it only updated to iOS 12.5.5, then it is not compatible with the newer iOS. iOS 12.5.5 is the latest it will run. The hardware will not support the newer iOS. If you need the newer iOS for certain apps, you will need to purchase a newer iPad that will support iOS 15.x and later.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2021 12:48 PM in response to francelaine98

If you attempted to update your iPad and it only updated to iOS 12.5.5, then it is not compatible with the newer iOS. iOS 12.5.5 is the latest it will run. The hardware will not support the newer iOS. If you need the newer iOS for certain apps, you will need to purchase a newer iPad that will support iOS 15.x and later.

Nov 11, 2021 12:40 PM in response to francelaine98

Hello,

To update your iPad first of all you need to make sure that you are connect to wifi, make sure that you have VPNs turned off. Go to Settings > General > And then tap Software Update. At this point you may see two different choices. Choose the one that you would prefer to install. Tap Install Now, you may see Download and Install. You will be prompted to enter your password, after entering your device's password you can tap Install now.

Hope this helps!

Brad

How can I updated my iPad to the latest update iOS 14.8.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.