Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the “new page” button? I do not see it anywhere on the website page.

Where is the “new page” button to turn off private browsing? I do not see it anywhere on the website page.

iPad Pro, 15

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 12:54 PM

Turning Private browsing on/off has changed with recent updates. Use the icon at the top left of Safari. See the information in Browse privately in Safari on iPad - Apple Support including the following:

You can use Private Browsing Mode to open private tabs, which don’t appear in History on iPad or in the list of tabs on your other devices.

Tap , then tap Private.

While Private Browsing Mode is on, the search field background is black instead of white and sites you visit don’t appear in History on iPad or in the list of tabs on your other devices. You can open multiple private tabs in the Private Tab Group.

To hide the sites and exit Private Browsing Mode, tap , then switch to a different Tab Group. The tabs reappear the next time you use Private Browsing Mode.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2021 12:54 PM in response to Westie91

Turning Private browsing on/off has changed with recent updates. Use the icon at the top left of Safari. See the information in Browse privately in Safari on iPad - Apple Support including the following:

You can use Private Browsing Mode to open private tabs, which don’t appear in History on iPad or in the list of tabs on your other devices.

Tap , then tap Private.

While Private Browsing Mode is on, the search field background is black instead of white and sites you visit don’t appear in History on iPad or in the list of tabs on your other devices. You can open multiple private tabs in the Private Tab Group.

To hide the sites and exit Private Browsing Mode, tap , then switch to a different Tab Group. The tabs reappear the next time you use Private Browsing Mode.

Where is the “new page” button? I do not see it anywhere on the website page.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.