Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 15 causes facebook to freeze on ipad

I upgraded my iPad to iOS 15. When I access my Facebook app, as soon as I press on comments the app freezes. Can I uninstall iOS 15? Is there a fix for this?

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 3:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 8:38 AM

You need to go to Settings>>Accessibility>>Keyboard and then turn “Full Keyboard Access” to ON.

Then you need to click Commands from that same menu and clear the keyboard commands. You can reset this once Apple pushes a fix through.

11 replies

Nov 16, 2021 5:44 PM in response to Neonguy7

I was told first, it is a hardware issue with the interaction between my 2020 gen 2 IPad Pro and the Magic Keyboard with the iOS 15.1 upgrade and then after 6 hours on the phone and 2 trips to the apple store, a genius tells me that the first tech didn’t know it was a software issue but the hardware “works” and that the issue would be resolved in 2-3 months with another upgrade. I now have an expensive piece of equipment that just nearly works.

The “solution” stated above is only a partial fix as the keyboard and IPad will still have issues in and with other apps opening and crashing.

Nov 25, 2021 6:51 AM in response to Neonguy7

This problem is absolutely a bug related to the latest iOS update and only occurs on iPad Pro. The Facebook app freezes and needs to be reloaded if a user tries to view the comments in any post. The workaround is turning on “Full Keyboard Access” in the Accessibility section under Settings, but this has caused issues in other apps where I want the keyboard to function as it normally does. Clearing the commands is a band-aid that then limits general functionality in the Notability app (as one example). Seems to be a software/hardware issue between the new OS and the external keyboard - Apple Smart Keyboard folio. Apple, please look into this further and sort it out.

IOS 15 causes facebook to freeze on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.