Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won’t my iPhone 11 update to iOS 15?

why won’t my iphone 11 update to ios 15?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 7:56 PM

4 replies

Nov 23, 2021 1:22 PM in response to destiny-112

destiny-112 Said:

"when i go to update my iphone it won’t let me due to storage but i just upgraded my storage to a higher one"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do:

Connect to your Computer, and perform the following:

Clear Space:

Try clearing internal storage though use of the following:

What Space to Clear:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

Also...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Also..

C. Clear "Other":

Clear the storage named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use. So, clearing other may be the way to go about this, as it would be performs through use of a computer.

Nov 11, 2021 8:01 PM in response to Madimuniz

Madimuniz Said:

"update: why won’t my iphone 11 update to ios 15?"

-------

What the Issue?: Perhaps there is an error connecting to Apple's servers.

To Check for Updates:

Use a Computer and Ethernet:

Start with attempting an update through use of a computer. If you cannot use Wi-Fi, then use Ethernet.  Go Here: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip. On the computer, you would connect it through Ethernet, going directly into your router. For a Mac (or PC) that does not have Ethernet, this would be the adapter to use: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple. If you get the same error, the model is likely just not compatible.

Nov 11, 2021 7:59 PM in response to Madimuniz

Can you post a screenshot, it could reveal why you aren't able to update.

Make sure you:

• Are using a WiFi connection (not a hotspot).

• Have your battery charged at least 50%. Better yet, keep it plugged in during the update.

• Are not using a VPN connection.

• Do not have power save mode turned on.

• Do not have a beta version installed.

• You have at least 6 gigs of storage available.

You can also check out this article for help -

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201435

Why won’t my iPhone 11 update to iOS 15?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.