Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove MDM Lock

Hello, I recently reset my iPad because my dad gave it back to me. I have came across the issue of remote management. I can not set up my iPad due to it. Is there any way you can help me?

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 8:28 AM

The presence of a management profile indicates that the device is centrally managed by an Enterprise or Educational establishment. Devices that are configuration locked by an MDM platform can usually only be released from central management by the platform that manages the device. Be aware that Apple will not assist with removal of management profiles.

Unless you are lucky - and have the option to delete the profile from iPad Settings - you’ll need to seek assistance directly from the System Administrator who manages the device. 

Install or remove configuration profiles on iPad - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2021 8:28 AM in response to sumer131

The presence of a management profile indicates that the device is centrally managed by an Enterprise or Educational establishment. Devices that are configuration locked by an MDM platform can usually only be released from central management by the platform that manages the device. Be aware that Apple will not assist with removal of management profiles.

Unless you are lucky - and have the option to delete the profile from iPad Settings - you’ll need to seek assistance directly from the System Administrator who manages the device. 

Install or remove configuration profiles on iPad - Apple Support

How to remove MDM Lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.