Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create App-Specific Passwords not showing in security

Cannot find where to create an App-Specific Password.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 12:03 PM

Yes I have two-factor authentication enabled. I can get to the Sign-In and Security screen and under the App-Specific Passwords there is nothing about creating a new App-Specific Password. If I click on App-Specific Passwords there is a list of ones that I've added but nothing there to create a new one but I can revoke them all or one at a time.

And now after the 20th time of checking the site I found the + sign at the top which will let me create a new App-Specific Password. It would help to have a notice that this is where you can create a new password.

1. Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
  2. In the Security section, click Generate Password below App-Specific Passwords.
  3. Follow the steps on your screen.

After you generate your app-specific password, enter or paste it into the password field of the app as you would normally.

Step two is misleading since it doesn't say Generate on the screen.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2021 12:03 PM in response to alma1090

Yes I have two-factor authentication enabled. I can get to the Sign-In and Security screen and under the App-Specific Passwords there is nothing about creating a new App-Specific Password. If I click on App-Specific Passwords there is a list of ones that I've added but nothing there to create a new one but I can revoke them all or one at a time.

And now after the 20th time of checking the site I found the + sign at the top which will let me create a new App-Specific Password. It would help to have a notice that this is where you can create a new password.

1. Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
  2. In the Security section, click Generate Password below App-Specific Passwords.
  3. Follow the steps on your screen.

After you generate your app-specific password, enter or paste it into the password field of the app as you would normally.

Step two is misleading since it doesn't say Generate on the screen.

Create App-Specific Passwords not showing in security

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.