Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do u have to have iPhone to set up watch or can I use my iPad both have cellular

can I use my iPad to set up watch

Apple Watch SE

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 10:43 AM

No, an Apple Watch requires an iPhone for setup, and basic functions. Please refer to Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support, which states:

"To set up and use your Apple Watch, you need an iPhone with the latest version of iOS. You also need to make sure that your iPhone has Bluetooth turned on, and that it's connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2021 10:43 AM in response to InspiringDiva

No, an Apple Watch requires an iPhone for setup, and basic functions. Please refer to Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support, which states:

"To set up and use your Apple Watch, you need an iPhone with the latest version of iOS. You also need to make sure that your iPhone has Bluetooth turned on, and that it's connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network."

Do u have to have iPhone to set up watch or can I use my iPad both have cellular

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.