Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Wi-Fi

My wife’s iPhone 6S can’t connect to the Wi-Fi 

When I go to sittings, Wi-Fi , connect, my network appears ( the signal is very weak ) , when I click it,  and put the the password, it gives error ( the password is wrong or unable to Join the network )

I did reset the network, always  the same

All other devices  connected and works properly

Any help

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 2:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 3:22 AM

See this Apple articles below:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204051

See this Apple article:

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202068

10 replies

Nov 14, 2021 3:49 AM in response to mostakari

Is there a blue checkmark next to the Wi-Fi network on iPhone 6S?

On the iPhone 6S, try enabling the Wi-Fi assistant.

Go to Settings -> Mobile network (Mobile Data)

Then scroll down to Wi-Fi assistance. -> turn ON.

You should go through that second article again, such as MAC address filtering, authentication, access control, Channel & Channel width.

Nov 15, 2021 1:35 AM in response to Raicya

Wi-Fi assistant was enabled.

( You should go through that second article again, such as MAC address filtering, authentication, access control, Channel & Channel width. )

how to know if that data are correct or not ?

the problem is, Next to the router, the signal is good, the farther it is, it weakens, up to three to four meters, I lose it.

any help

Nov 15, 2021 2:34 AM in response to mostakari

mostakari wrote:

how to know if that data are correct or not ?
the problem is, Next to the router, the signal is good, the farther it is, it weakens, up to three to four meters, I lose it.

That depends on the router you use, and how it is set up, for example, is Channel width -> set to Auto?

and put the the password, it gives error ( the password is wrong or unable to Join the network )

The Wi-Fi network name is the name your network, and has a password, the iPhone 6S must use the same password.

A question:

Has hotspot been turned on by accident? If so, the iPhone 6 uses other existing devices as a hotspot, piggybacking to get a connection. And that may explain why the Wi-Fi is weak, if it is too far from the route and/or other devices.

Problem with Wi-Fi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.