Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari on iPad Mini only loads desktop version of Google

Just got a new iPad mini 6 and discovered that now every time I do a Google search (which is all the time) the results are too small to read without straining my eyes. I can tap on the little sidebar icon and choose “request mobile version” but that gets old really fast. This never happened on my previous iPad.

I’ve exhausted myself trying to solve the problem. Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers!

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 10:47 AM

Well I solved my problem and since Apple inexplicably doesn’t allow people to delete their own posts, I figure I’ll add some conclusion here in case anyone else has the same problem..

There is a setting buried within the Safari settings that says “always request desktop version” or something like that, which was enabled by default on my new iPad. Disabled that setting and now the universe is whole again ;)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2021 10:47 AM in response to maplevshoney

Well I solved my problem and since Apple inexplicably doesn’t allow people to delete their own posts, I figure I’ll add some conclusion here in case anyone else has the same problem..

There is a setting buried within the Safari settings that says “always request desktop version” or something like that, which was enabled by default on my new iPad. Disabled that setting and now the universe is whole again ;)

Safari on iPad Mini only loads desktop version of Google

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.