Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Office activates but continues to prompt for activation on Monterey

I believe that Microsoft Office 365 on MacOS Monterey cannot be activated and remain activated. This is because Microsoft or Apple have to fix something. Please let me know if you know how to fix this. I have recorded the issue and what I have already tried.

[Link Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 11:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 12:10 PM

I have added more detail because you removed the link to my blog that shows the issue.

I believe that you Microsoft Office 365 on MacOS Monterey cannot be activated and remain activated. This is because Microsoft or Apple have to fix something. Please let me know if you know how to fix this.

Firstly I followed the instruction at the Microsoft link on your site. The link to the Applescript was broken but it can be found elsewhere. After running the Applescript through the terminal, Office is still activated but you are still prompted to activate.

Secondly I uninstalled Office. I then reinstalled Office 2021 and activated it. Once again Office is still activated but you are still prompted to activate.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2021 12:10 PM in response to margaretbrimble

I have added more detail because you removed the link to my blog that shows the issue.

I believe that you Microsoft Office 365 on MacOS Monterey cannot be activated and remain activated. This is because Microsoft or Apple have to fix something. Please let me know if you know how to fix this.

Firstly I followed the instruction at the Microsoft link on your site. The link to the Applescript was broken but it can be found elsewhere. After running the Applescript through the terminal, Office is still activated but you are still prompted to activate.

Secondly I uninstalled Office. I then reinstalled Office 2021 and activated it. Once again Office is still activated but you are still prompted to activate.

Office activates but continues to prompt for activation on Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.