Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2FA AUTHENTICATOR ?

Now, I have upgraded to OS X El Capitan, how can I find an 2FA Authenticator that will work with this version? I'm scratching for the moment until I buy a new later version Mac computer. Any suggestion ?

Thank you in advance for any help you can render.

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 6:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 2:31 AM

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

Trusted devices

A trusted device is an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9 or later, or Mac with OS X El Capitan or later that you've already signed in to using two-factor authentication. It’s a device we know is yours and that can be used to verify your identity by displaying a verification code from Apple when you sign in on a different device or browser. An Apple Watch with watchOS 6 or later can receive verification codes when you sign in with your Apple ID, but cannot act as a trusted device for password resets. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2021 2:31 AM in response to Jbmacosyosemite

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

Trusted devices

A trusted device is an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9 or later, or Mac with OS X El Capitan or later that you've already signed in to using two-factor authentication. It’s a device we know is yours and that can be used to verify your identity by displaying a verification code from Apple when you sign in on a different device or browser. An Apple Watch with watchOS 6 or later can receive verification codes when you sign in with your Apple ID, but cannot act as a trusted device for password resets. 

2FA AUTHENTICATOR ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.