Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot facetime and imessage with one person/contact

i use the same device to facetime & imessage my father since few years ago till now. Recently, while i'm facetime him, his ipad isn't showing any incoming call. Then if he is calling me, i can see that incoming call, but after i click on green phone icon to pick that up, then it shows fail, and it alerts me with a missed call. With imessage, after i sent out a message, it showed a blue bobble without any error message; however, he isn't receiving any message from me. The weird things is, I can receive his imessages...

my father's ipad doesn't have sim, so I only have his icloud adress as contact info.

with the same device, i can facetime and imessage with other contacts on my phone, also my father can do the same with all other contacts on his ipad, but just me.

I already searched for answer from other threads here, but seems no solution.

Anyone is having the same issue and know how to fix that ? please kindly help here.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 4:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 3:47 AM

Since this is so weird, I start thinking probably there has something setting wrongly on my father's ipad. Then I ask my brother to stop by my father's place to check on his ipad, and guess what.... my contact is blocked on the ipad !!.

After unblocked me, now things are just back to normal. Problem solved

Thank you

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2021 3:47 AM in response to Shengho

Since this is so weird, I start thinking probably there has something setting wrongly on my father's ipad. Then I ask my brother to stop by my father's place to check on his ipad, and guess what.... my contact is blocked on the ipad !!.

After unblocked me, now things are just back to normal. Problem solved

Thank you

Nov 16, 2021 2:19 AM in response to mario49

mario49 thanks a lot for the reply.

I followed the actions listed in the link, but no luck. I have switched to different wifi, use only cellular, use only wifi, change sim card or even facetime/imessage using icloud account without a sim install in my phone. but all that with the same result.

The thing is that only that particular person that I cannot facetime and imeesage with. I have tested with many other contacts on my phone, all work very well.

Cannot facetime and imessage with one person/contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.