Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Classic under MacOS Monterey ?

Hello everybody,

I have an MacBook from 2015, with the newest MacOS update installed (Monterey 12.0.1), and while my iPod is correctly detected by my hard drive and visible in the Finder, it isn't anymore detected/visible in the Music App, thus I can't upload/synchronize my music anymore.

I formated my iPod but it doesn't improve the situation.

I am desparate because I use this device to take with me and play anywhere my 800+ cd library.

Thanks for your help,

Greg

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 3:32 AM

See What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support. Syncing and device management duties were moved into Finder when the new suite of apps to replace iTunes were introduced. In short the classic doesn't show up in Music because it isn't supposed to. Set up syncing in Finder.

tt2

Similar questions

8 replies

Nov 26, 2021 12:19 AM in response to turingtest2

Hi turingtest2, thanks so mu for the follow-up.

Hi fontaine290, happy to help.

I actually reset the SMC (System Management Controller) on my MacBook by following the instructions on the support page and it did solved my iPod issue. I was able to upload again all my music. What a relief!

Perhaps this will work with you too Fontaine290

FYI tt2, the other entry down the list in the sidebar did not help. It only opens a Finder window with the content of the iPod, which isn't clear enough to make any upload. I think the real problem was related to the SMC because the software was constantly loading without any progress.

Thanks again and have a great day

Nov 16, 2021 12:04 AM in response to turingtest2

Hi tt2,

Thanks a lot or your reply. I appreciate.

I know and experienced the new device management from the Finder (but still my iPod was visible in Music with Catalina) but my main issue now is that the iPod whereas visible in the Finder is not accessible at all... I have a message stating "software : (up)loading..." and there is a dark circle in the Finder navigation bar but nothing is changing even if the iPod is plug for hours...

See the screen shot below...

Any advice ?

iPod Classic under MacOS Monterey ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.