Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why didn’t the charge cable come with ac adapter for Apple Watch series 7

Why didn’t charge cable come with ac adapter for series 7 watch

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 1:52 PM

Apple no longer provides power adapters with the Apple Watch; same for the iPhone.

See the following from https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-watch/apple-watch?option.watch_cases=MKNQ3LL/A&option.watch_bands=ML7Y3AM/A&preSelect=false&product=Z0YQ&step=detail#

As part of our efforts to reach our environmental goals, Apple Watch does not include a power adapter. Included in the box is a USB‑C to Lightning Cable that supports fast charging and is compatible with USB‑C power adapters and computer ports.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2021 1:52 PM in response to Teamumizoomi

Apple no longer provides power adapters with the Apple Watch; same for the iPhone.

See the following from https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-watch/apple-watch?option.watch_cases=MKNQ3LL/A&option.watch_bands=ML7Y3AM/A&preSelect=false&product=Z0YQ&step=detail#

As part of our efforts to reach our environmental goals, Apple Watch does not include a power adapter. Included in the box is a USB‑C to Lightning Cable that supports fast charging and is compatible with USB‑C power adapters and computer ports.

Nov 18, 2021 9:49 AM in response to lobsterghost1

My fault, you're right.

These times all getting worse.

I've ordered a apple watch for me as well but I canceled the order early enough and stay with my watch 5. Simple realising technology celebration a depression.

Should I tell you what? At the end I could help my daughter with a charger from my employer iPad.

But she was really not understanding why a 300 EURO's device is incomplete. And it is hers and these exclusive, super expensive thingi was disappointing from one second to another. I thought she felt a bit fouled.

But other understand this better already know apple sells incompletions. It's my fault because i've not read the BOM and didn't recognise signs of time.

BTW: How much energy consumes the "cloud"? Are we really in the situation to run such an energy monster these times? I don't think so but we do and extend doing.

And we don't even think about reducing synchronisation between everything, right?

This is useful for environment like cars getting bigger and bigger.

Customers stay hungry. Not for innovations any more but for a useable product with charger. I will order one. This cost electricity, packaging, logistic cost. Just to safe the environment. Make sense.

Nov 29, 2021 1:22 PM in response to Teamumizoomi

It is ridiculous that an Apple 7 watch comes with a power cable but nothing to plug it into. How can Apple think its ok to see a product that requires charging so they provide a wire but it cannot be used without a missing plug? Apple’s excuse that they are trying to save the environment is ridiculous. Every year Apple changes their charging cable or plug standards making the previous model cables obsolete requiring you to buy new cables or plugs. How does that save the environment?

Nov 29, 2021 1:57 PM in response to XcodeDeveIoper

We can have an academic discussion, but if you think you are speaking with Apple here, you are not. This is a user to user only forum. Apple isn't here and its highly unlikely they are going to return to putting charging plugs back in new product boxes.

If you want to complain to Apple, here's a link you can use as they aren't reading these posts at all here --> Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple

Nov 29, 2021 2:20 PM in response to XcodeDeveIoper

XcodeDeveIoper wrote:

Why you send me to Apple? As you say, they won't change they're strategy to make money, right?

No, they won't change the strategy because it is designed to help the environment. I haven't bought a new adapter from Apple in years. I just keep reusing the old ones. I've never heard of them going bad.

I'm here to talk with other users, but I think you wouldn't let this happen. Why?

lobsterghost1 cannot stop you from posting here.

Maybe we can find new, better solution for power supplies handling don't making people feeling fouled any more and send this outcome to apple as feature request? Don't believe in that? Don't even try?

Apple doesn't read here for feedback or suggestions. You can send your feedback to them here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Other than that, the only thing you can do is buy, borrow or steal an adapter. It doesn't have to be from Apple.

Nov 18, 2021 8:27 AM in response to XcodeDeveIoper

XcodeDeveIoper wrote:

Great. Yesterday we've save the environment a lot because my daughter could not charge her birthday present because of the crippled accessory scenario.

Pretty sure it's about money. Pretty sure it will effect Apple image. Pretty sure we are already late with saving environment - at least 5 decades!!!

So let's not even try, right?

Ps: Had you checked Apple.com to see what comes in the box, you'd have known in advance the watch didn't come with a charging brick. I personally switched over to USB C charging long ago and I had a drawer full of bricks I could use. Hence why Apple is no longer including bricks a lot of people don't need anymore. iPhone doesn't come with one either.

Final note. If you have a Best Buy store near you, they stock the Anker Nano 20W USB C charging brick for $14 if you don't have one.

Nov 29, 2021 1:41 PM in response to Jfrao54

Apple has been very transparent since iPhone 12 phones were released over a year ago, charging plugs would no longer be included in iPhone and Apple Watch sales. Apple's website clearly shows what's included in the box with Apple Watch. Most people have a drawer full of charging plugs from previous phones and/or watches they've owned.

If you simply don't have any way to charge your watch, meaning you can't use a previous Apple Watch charger, or you don't have a computer with USB C inputs or another charger which is USB C, then sure you'll need to buy one. But you're more the exception than the rule and that is why Apple has chosen not to keep flooding the world with chargers when most already have one they can use.

Too bad we don't know each other. I have a drawer full of charging plugs I don't use.

Nov 29, 2021 1:47 PM in response to lobsterghost1

My employer, 150 colleagues, always low with Apple charger. They are getting lost, where stolen because they are unbelievable expensive or they have to less power and they simply need a better one for the next hyper power consuming device.

In our family, 10 person with several iDevices. All power supplies are in use and always everone of us need to buy a new power supply with the next idevice (reasons above).

Please don't get me wrong, but i think this is not the situation we talk about:

" Most people have a drawer full of charging plugs from previous phones ..."

The old power supplies most times are not qualified, they have different connectors, to low power etc.

Please understand us. This does not save environment! You could start to sell cars without tires but only a very few people would use the old one from there garage because doesn't fit or not qualified for the new car. They are not qualified.

For me this is hard to accept there are people cannot understand why we complain here.

Well, can the outcome of this discuession something constructive? Let's try!

Nov 29, 2021 2:07 PM in response to XcodeDeveIoper

XcodeDeveIoper wrote:

But she was really not understanding why a 300 EURO's device is incomplete. And it is hers and these exclusive, super expensive thingi was disappointing from one second to another. I thought she felt a bit fouled.

Yes, she was, by the person who didn't read all the fine print on the expensive gift before giving it to her. Admit to her that her parent made a mistake, as parents sometimes do and consider it a life lesson for both of you.

Nov 29, 2021 2:14 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Why you send me to Apple? As you say, they won't change they're strategy to make money, right?

I'm here to talk with other users, but I think you wouldn't let this happen. Why?

Maybe we can find new, better solution for power supplies handling don't making people feeling fouled any more and send this outcome to apple as feature request? Don't believe in that? Don't even try?

Why didn’t the charge cable come with ac adapter for Apple Watch series 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.