Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove my original Apple ID email which is now described as “an alias”

How do I remove my old Apple ID email address (which is an @icloud and now listed as “an alias”) from my account.

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 8:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 8:01 AM

If it truly is an alias see: Add and manage email aliases for iCloud Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

2 replies

Nov 15, 2021 8:15 AM in response to shayne1621

If you were a member of DotMac you got an @mac.com address. If you were a member of MobileMe you got an @me.com address. Now you have an @icloud.com address. So if you go back as far as DotMac you have all three. Confusingly, Apple regards the earlier versions as 'aliases' to the iCloud address (which is a different matter from 'email aliases', which are additional addresses).

These @mac.com and @me.com 'aliases' are the same as the @icloud.com address and cannot be deleted (unlike 'email aliases' which can be deleted as Llmnos has pointed out).

If you are getting unwanted mail to one of these addresses you could set up a Rule online at icloud.com to move any messages to that address to the Trash, from where they will be automatically deleted after one week.

How do I remove my original Apple ID email which is now described as “an alias”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.