Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Caller hears echo of their voice: Apple Carplay + iPhone12 promax + Boss Boss BE9ACP car stereo

Hello,

This seems to be a common problem. The question shows up in many places, but there have been no answers from Apple or others that seem to solve the problem.

Description:

• Aftermarket (brand new) Boss head unit listed above installed in 2007 Toyota Highlander
  • Problem: those talking to me, when I'm speaking with them through system, hear a clear echo of their own voice
  • Hands-free microphone installed in different locations, all with same result
  • I do not hear any echo, neither mine or theirs
  • They do not hear an echo of my voice, only of their voice

NOTE: the problem ALSO occurs when phone connected via Bluetooth.

I have tried with USB/Cartalk connected, and Bluetooth turned off on the phone, just to be sure both systems aren't somehow active. This made no difference.

Am pretty sure this is due to the caller's voice being fed back to them, after it comes out of my car speakers.

Am hoping there is a setting or adjustment to manage this in the iPhone.

There is no such setting in the Boss unit.

Though this seems to be be a problem specific to iPhone, and specifically iPhone 12.

Any suggestions or solutions greatly appreciated.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 9:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 9:48 PM

MementoPress Sais:

"Caller hears echo of their voice: Apple Carplay + iPhone12 promax + Boss Boss BE9ACP car stereo: This seems to be a common problem. [...] this seems to be be a problem specific to iPhone, and specifically iPhone 12. Any suggestions or solutions greatly appreciated."

-------

Provide Apple Feedback:

Do your Part. Seeing similar posts, this seems to be a common issue. Hence, most certainly a bug. So, inform Apple of this bug - Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what bugs are occurring and what needs to be fixed. Question is: How many people have actually reported this on their own. Apple barely reads these forums as it is on their own time. So, report it.

How to Give Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for "Feedback Type"
  3. Inform Apple: of how you came across this issue, and how you've troubleshot it thus far.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2021 9:48 PM in response to MementoPress

MementoPress Sais:

"Caller hears echo of their voice: Apple Carplay + iPhone12 promax + Boss Boss BE9ACP car stereo: This seems to be a common problem. [...] this seems to be be a problem specific to iPhone, and specifically iPhone 12. Any suggestions or solutions greatly appreciated."

-------

Provide Apple Feedback:

Do your Part. Seeing similar posts, this seems to be a common issue. Hence, most certainly a bug. So, inform Apple of this bug - Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what bugs are occurring and what needs to be fixed. Question is: How many people have actually reported this on their own. Apple barely reads these forums as it is on their own time. So, report it.

How to Give Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for "Feedback Type"
  3. Inform Apple: of how you came across this issue, and how you've troubleshot it thus far.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Caller hears echo of their voice: Apple Carplay + iPhone12 promax + Boss Boss BE9ACP car stereo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.