Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder not responding during shut down

After updating my MBP (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) to macOS Monterey, version 12.0.1 (21A559) I encounter finder not responding every time I shut down the MBP. It just freeze with wallpaper and the cursor. All icons on the desktop disappear. I fix the problem by force quitting the Finder but it's not convenient all the time.

Appreciate any help and guidance.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 3:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 7:12 AM

Hi there Pavel_Wei,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with Finder becoming unresponsive when shutting down your MacBook Pro, and we'd like to share a resource that may help.

Check it out here: If an app freezes or quits unexpectedly on Mac

Cheers!

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 16, 2021 7:39 AM in response to Pavel_Wei

Suggest downloading the Application Etrecheck directly from a well Respected ASC Contributor. 

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with nor receive compensation from the Developer.

The application is free or paid from added features. 

Run the application with Full Disc Access ( Security & Privacy - Full Disc Access ).

It will take a Snap Shot -  both the hardware and software.

The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. 

Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last )

We can have a look at the report for possible issues and may have possible suggestions to resolve the issues.

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS, alter, modify, remove or delete or attempt to do so is an invitation for disaster and may require a Reinstallation of the OS.

This includes AntiVirus, Disk Cleaners, Disk Optimizes, UnInstaller etc.

The The Built in Security  is all that is required.

Finder not responding during shut down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.