You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes constantly disappearing on iphone 12

My notes keep disappearing from my iphone 12. I have to completely shut the phone off and reboot it to get them back. The list of notes is always there, but when I open them the content is gone. Yes--notes are backed up to iCloud. Yes--I have read the user guide and everything is set up properly. I got the phone about six months ago and this started about 4 weeks ago. Is it a bug from the latest update? Super frustrating.

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 8:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 9:09 AM

Hello twocoaststoo, 

Ensuring your notes are loading as expected in the Notes app is important, and Apple Support Communities is a fantastic place for help! From the description you provided it sounds as though the notes are appearing when opening the Notes app, but when opening the specific note the content isn’t loading. You mentioned that the notes are synced to iCloud. If you sign in to the iCloud website does everything appear correctly? 

If so, and with having already restarted your device. The next step would be to confirm you’re running the latest iOS. You can find the steps for updating in the following article. 

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

You may also want to make sure you have enough available storage on your device. You can verify the storage usage in Settings > General > iPhone Storage. If you need to make more available space, the following article outlines great tips on how to manage your device storage. 

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Have a wonderful week!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 16, 2021 9:09 AM in response to twocoaststoo

Hello twocoaststoo, 

Ensuring your notes are loading as expected in the Notes app is important, and Apple Support Communities is a fantastic place for help! From the description you provided it sounds as though the notes are appearing when opening the Notes app, but when opening the specific note the content isn’t loading. You mentioned that the notes are synced to iCloud. If you sign in to the iCloud website does everything appear correctly? 

If so, and with having already restarted your device. The next step would be to confirm you’re running the latest iOS. You can find the steps for updating in the following article. 

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

You may also want to make sure you have enough available storage on your device. You can verify the storage usage in Settings > General > iPhone Storage. If you need to make more available space, the following article outlines great tips on how to manage your device storage. 

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Have a wonderful week!

Notes constantly disappearing on iphone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.