Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini M1, Logitech Streamcam causing audio loop in Microsoft Teams.

Hardware: MacMini M1 8GB, Logitech Streamcam (mic/video).

Software: Microsoft Teams on Monterey. Fully updated/patched OS and Teams.

On the Mini M1, after sharing a screen, MS Teams sometimes enters in an audio loop of about 1 second length: microphone is not working anymore, and the loop is continuously broadcasted to the audience...

Only a complete reboot of the Mac solves the problem for a while. Restarting MS teams does not solve the audio loop.

On my MBP Intel 16" everything works fine, so it looks like the M1 chip is causing this issue.

Any idea? I will submit this problem also to Microsoft and Logitech.

Any idea?

Console messages (launchd.log):

2021-11-15 17:56:26.700306 (gui/501 [100020]) <Warning>: denied lookup: name = com.apple.CoreServices.coreservicesd, flags = 0x9, requestor = Microsoft Teams[2210], error = 159: Sandbox restriction

2021-11-15 17:56:26.702653 (gui/501 [100020]) <Warning>: denied lookup: name = com.apple.DiskArbitration.diskarbitrationd, flags = 0x9, requestor = Microsoft Teams[2210], error = 159: Sandbox restriction

2021-11-15 18:21:10.951089 (system) <Warning>: denied lookup: name = com.apple.diagnosticd, flags = 0x8, requestor = Microsoft Teams[2205], error = 159: Sandbox restriction

2021-11-15 18:21:20.621559 (system) <Warning>: denied lookup: name = com.apple.diagnosticd, flags = 0x8, requestor = Microsoft Teams[2205], error = 159: Sandbox restriction

2021-11-15 18:21:24.143599 (system) <Warning>: denied lookup: name = com.apple.diagnosticd, flags = 0x8, requestor = Microsoft Teams[2205], error = 159: Sandbox restriction

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 2:45 PM

Yes I have also been having this problem ... before AND after upgrade to Monterey.

I have the same hardware set up. I confirm that restarting Teams does not solve the problem but I have found that unplugging the StreamCam USB-C and plugging back in fixes the problem immediately (while still on the call) but it is still a pain and of course annoying to others on the call.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2021 2:45 PM in response to plein44

Yes I have also been having this problem ... before AND after upgrade to Monterey.

I have the same hardware set up. I confirm that restarting Teams does not solve the problem but I have found that unplugging the StreamCam USB-C and plugging back in fixes the problem immediately (while still on the call) but it is still a pain and of course annoying to others on the call.

Nov 22, 2021 8:25 PM in response to wolfdown

I have this exact same issue. This happens with zoom and teams, when I am screen sharing and when I am not.

I am not able to reproduce it, but every single zoom/teams call this happens at least once.

When this happens, if I open my system preferences > audio > input, it will show the stream cam mic with the input detection bars going in a loop, just like the audio the audience can hear. If I record my audio while this happens I can hear the loop.

I solve this issue by unplugging and replugging in the mic, this is extremely annoying. Microphone was fine from September - November but I believe the latest OS update caused the mic to do this…

Im on a 15” MBP 2017, Intel.

Hopefully a patch will be released soon as I am sure we are not the only ones with this issue.

Mac Mini M1, Logitech Streamcam causing audio loop in Microsoft Teams.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.