Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDF Files

My objective is to download PDF files to an exfat formatted flash drive from my iPad. I will need a lightning to USB adapter. When I look at the Internet, all I see at Apple stores is 1) Lightning to USB Camera Adapter and 2) Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter. Questions are:

1. Is Lightning to USB Adapter one and the same as Lightning to USB Camera Adapter? If yes will it accomplish my objective as cited above?
  2. Is USB 3 one and and the same as USB-C?

Thank you in advance.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 11:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 10:27 AM

1.      Lightning to USB Adapter and Lightning to USB Camera Adapter are one and the same, per Apple Phone Support.

2.      USB 3 is a standard for USB devices, it is normally a port in laptops and dictates how fast you can transfer data over a USB cable, compared to older standards, e.g., USB 2. USB-C refers to a type of physical connection on modern devices, e.g., USB cable of iPhone 12 Pro as opposed to the old cable now known as USB-A cable.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2021 10:27 AM in response to Mariansapple

1.      Lightning to USB Adapter and Lightning to USB Camera Adapter are one and the same, per Apple Phone Support.

2.      USB 3 is a standard for USB devices, it is normally a port in laptops and dictates how fast you can transfer data over a USB cable, compared to older standards, e.g., USB 2. USB-C refers to a type of physical connection on modern devices, e.g., USB cable of iPhone 12 Pro as opposed to the old cable now known as USB-A cable.

PDF Files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.